Clairefontaine developed Pastelmat to meet the specific expectations of the most demanding pastel artists. This 19.5 x 27.5 inches, 170 lb - 50 cm x 70 cm (360 gsm) card is also an ideal surface for pencil and charcoal.
Pastelmat's single and original surface is a true innovation that combines the advantages of two traditional papers. The fine particles are sufficiently well-fixed for a smooth surface and comfort of use, and the smoothness of the cork grain in the adhesive ensures longevity.
The character "fixing" of this surface is so extraordinary that the positioning of multiple layers of pastels, and the realization of flat tints, precise details, or delicate and transparent veils are easily achieved.
The use of fixative is not necessary with Pastelmat. The rigidity, weight, and non-acidity, as well as the paper's light-resistance, guarantee conservation of your artwork. However, it is recommended that a sheet of acid-free translucent paper be placed over finished artworks created on Pastelmat.
- Pastelmat paper gives your artwork longevity without the need for fixative
- Precise details, or even delicate & transparent veils are easy to achieve with Pastelmat
- Easy to frame
- Acid free
Unique velvety surface with excellent grabbing power:
- Holds many layers of pastel
- Reduces the need for fixative
- Gentle on fingers & tools
- Premium card weight (360gsm/170lbs)
- Use with wet and dry media
- Available in 8 colours
Ideal for use with:
- Soft Pastel
- Acid free