Specially formulated by Kathryn Bevier, our custom colourist, this set includes nine colours that she has selected to work with as an alternative to a primary palette. This set contains a nice variety of values, chroma and transparencies. Beautiful as they are or mix them as desired, they are fully pigmented and should be extended with plenty of Enkaustikos wax medium.
The Collection Colour Set Range:
- Deep Lake PB15:1/PY110, Semi-Transparent, S3
- Nostalgia PW6/PB28/PG17, Opaque, S4
- Alizarin Gold PR177/PO48, Semi-Transparent, S5
- Sanguine PR101/PR112, Opaque, S2
- Purple Haze PW6/PY184/PV23, Opaque, S2
- Harvest Moos PY184/PY110/PW6/PBK9, Semi-Transparent, S3
- Blue Rain PB29/PB36/PW6, Opaque, S3
- Bittersweet PW6/PY184/PBK9, Opaque, S3
- Hedera PY110/PB15:1, Semi-Opaque, S3
- What’s not to love about our Wax Snaps?
They are perfect for the artists who like to melt their paint as they work, have three times the amount of paint as compared to Hot Sticks®, making them a more economical choice, and has a unique shape that allows you to easily snap off what you need. Each Wax Snap measures approximately 1-1/4” long x 4” wide and 1/2” thick.
This unique shape allows you to use the whole bar or break off a section with a simple snap. Available in all 88 colours including Graphite, and our three wax mediums: original Wax Medium, XD Wax Medium, and Natural Yellow Wax Medium. Wax Snaps are great for printmaking techniques, direct melting on a hot palette or snapping off a section to refill a Hot Cakes® tin. They are also ideal for the workshop and classroom setting, where you can easily snap, dispense, and share.